Metrics are an important tool for tracking your progress on Bulletin. They can help you measure your growth, learn more about your audience, and take steps to improve your outreach.
There are several ways to access metrics in Bulletin. The easiest way is by accessing your metrics dashboard.
Step 1: Access your Metrics Dashboard
Click on the 'Metrics' tab in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
A drop-down menu will appear with 5 different options:
- Subscribers & Active users
Start by selecting the 'Dashboard' option. You will be taken to your metrics dashboard, where you can access your audience and bulletin metrics.
Step 2: Explore Your Metrics
We've broken down metrics by row:
Row 1: User overview
The first 4 metrics give you general information about your users and their subscription status. They appear as red numbers towards the top of the page. Here is what you should know about each of these metrics:
- Total users is the total number of users in onboarding and total subscribers
- Users in onboarding is the number of users who haven't given consent yet. They are stuck on the acceptance question. They don't receive messages.
- Total subscribers is the number of users who gave consent to receive messages and they are able to interact.
- Weekly active readers is the number of users who have interacted with a bulletin this week.
At the bottom-left corner of each metric, you will see how today's performance compares with yesterday (or in the case of weekly active users, how it compares with last week). In the bottom-right corner, you will see the same comparison in percent form.
Row 2: Audience origin and preferences
The next set of metrics gives you a detailed look into who your audience is, and how they found you.
They measure the following:
- Traffic sources - Where are your users coming from?
- Platform - Is your audience accessing your bot on Telegram, Facebook Messenger, or WhatsApp?
- Language - What language do your users speak?
Row 3: Bulletin performance
The final section of the dashboard shows metrics relating to your bulletin performance. Here, you can see information on your three most recent bulletins.
On the left side of each bulletin, you will see standard information including the title, the status of the bulletin, the date and time it was published, and the stories that are included in the bulletin.
On the right side, you will real-time analytics of your bulletin. This includes how many bulletins were sent (or in other words, how many users received the bulletin), the current open rate, and how many readers finished each story.
Click on the graph icon in the upper right-hand corner of the bulletin to be taken to a more detailed view of that bulletin's metrics.
- Track audience growth, behaviors, and preferences using Bulletin's graphs and charts.